Favorite Thrift Finds


This post is a bit overdue but it's better late than never. I don't go thrifting often but I do try to find at least one item worth buying whenever I go. I am lucky enough to have a mother who is very good at sewing so she has taught me a few things about altering clothes. A few of the items I mentioned below are altered to fit me since I am petite and many items tend to run large(or long) on me. Without further ado, here are my favorite thrift finds and how I styled them:

1. Ribbed Top - This top may not look like much but I was really excited when I first found it because of the ribbed texture. I've been looking for a crop top similar to the Topshop Rib Crop Tee in black but thicker and a little bit longer and this top was perfect. It was originally not cropped but I altered it to the length I wanted.

2. Black Structured Top - What I like about this top is that it is very structured and is in excellent condition for a thrifted piece. I originally wasn't going to buy it but it was 50% off and ended being only $1.

3. Black Mini Skirt - This skirt looked brand new when I first set my eyes on it. I remember it being extremely cheap (around $1) which was the reason why I bought it. It is a little big around the hip for me so I am planning to fix that soon.

4. Houndstooth Skirt - You probably remember this skirt from my previous post. I don't usually gravitate towards skirts like these but for some reason I couldn't stop myself from buying it. I did have to alter the length and hip area a little bit and now it fits perfectly.

5. Plaid Shirt - I found this gem in the boys' section and it was in such good condition. It even had a tag on it and everything. The arm length is a bit short for me but I usually roll up my sleeves anyways. This was definitely one of my favorite finds.

6. High Waisted Boyfriend Jeans - I originally bought these pair of denim to make shorts out of them but once I tried them on I thought they might look good as boyfriend jeans with a little altering. These jeans are extremely long and quite large on me before but after altering them, they fit quite nicely. 

7. Black Mini Backpack - I remember browsing through the purse section and trying to search for a small faux leather backpack. I didn't have a lot of expectation finding one so when I saw this backpack I was extremely excited and bought it immediately.

8. Black Franco Sarto Boots - This boots are definitely my best find ever! When I first saw these boots they didn't save any price tag on it so I asked a worker there and she told me they were $25. I was so close to putting them back but I decided to get them anyways. At the cash register, I told the guy working there about it and he asked me,"Is $5 okay?" I was literally dancing around in my head but I kept a poker face and told him it was fine. These boots are extremely comfortable and in excellent condition when I got them.

I styled these items in the outfits below.


Congrats! You've made it to the end! I'll definitely try to do collective thrift hauls in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Omg, I loooove these pieces! And you style them so well together.
    xo.
    FROM HATS TO HEELS
    www.fromhatstoheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I love your blog by the way!

      Delete